Experience. Discipline. Results.
My name is Ryan W. Babcock and I first moved to Glynn County in 2003. I live on St. Simons Island with my wife. Two core values, excellence and craftsmanship, inform the decisions that I try to make in my personal life and in my law practice. When I am not practicing law, I like to go for a run, play my guitar or mandolin, read a book, watch a baseball game, or work on my Spanish.
My working background in private practice has been in handling a wide variety of injury or tort cases, and I focus my practice on serious personal injury matters. I represent regular people hurt through the negligence or carelessness of others.
I have represented clients in state and federal courts throughout the country, including class actions, multi-district litigation, mediation, and in trial through appeal. I have substantial experience with product defect claims involving pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices, claims arising from transportation and trucking accidents, automotive products liability claims, mesothelioma and asbestos cancer claims, environmental property damage and personal injury claims, as well as False Claims Act investigations and qui tam lawsuits.
Before starting my own law firm, I represented corporate defendants and insurance companies at large law firms in Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to that, after law school, I worked for several years as a judicial law clerk to United States District Court Judge Anthony A. Alaimo in the Southern District of Georgia. That experience is invaluable in representing individuals that have been injured by the carelessness of others, and now I work to put that knowledge to work on behalf of my clients.
I serve clients throughout Georgia, but the focus of my practice is on court cases in state and federal court in Southeast Georgia, including in Glynn County, McIntosh County, Camden County, Wayne County, and Brantley County.
- University of Cincinnati, College of Law, J.D.
- Wright State University, B.A.
Activities & Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the Ohio Bar
- Member, American Association for Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Glynn County Bar Association
- Member, Public Justice
- Georgia (all state courts)
- Ohio (all state courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Graduate, Trial Lawyer’s College Regional (Wyoming)
- Graduate, National Criminal Defense College (Macon)
- Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (Atlanta)